This just in from Enrollment Management:
The window for mid-term grading has opened and will remain open until 11:59pm, Friday, 23 October, however, technical assistance will only be available until 4:30pm on the 23rd. All undergraduate students in courses numbered 599 and lower are to receive midterm grades submitted via your myUK grading roster (grades can be uploaded from BlackBoard and Canvas).
Instructors may not enter an “I” grade as a mid-term grade. The purpose of this exercise is to identify students who are at risk, so University faculty and staff need accurate information that reports students’ progress to-date. Students have until 06 November to drop classes for this semester. Advisors need the time between 23 October and 06 November to contact students and arrange any necessary interventions.
***If a student has never attended class and has not participated in any academic-related activity for the course, an “N” grade should be submitted.***
The following are exceptions to the submission of mid-term grades:
- If you are teaching a 400G or 500 level course and there are no undergraduate students in your class, then you do not need to report mid-term grades for this class. Only undergraduate students need to have mid-term grades assigned.
- If you are teaching a part-of-term course that has already ended or will end by 23 October, then you do not need to report mid-term grades for that class.
- If you are teaching a part-of-term course that will start after 23 October, then you do not report mid-term grades for that class.
Help and guidance:
- For myUK grade entry and grade change procedural documents, please visit: click here.
- Assistance with access to your course in the grading portal, click here.
- Assistance transferring your grades from Blackboard to the grading portal, click here to send an email to the UK Help Desk or call 859.218.4357.
- For all other questions regarding grade entry, click here to send an email to Sean Cooper, Associate Registrar.
FERPA/Privacy information for faculty and staff: http://www.uky.edu/registrar/content/faculty-ferpa-privacy