Undergraduate Studies and James W. Stuckert Career Center will offer the first session of the “U Kinda Wanna” series on October 7th, 5:00 to 7:00, in The Hub (WT Young Library) B-Room 108-C.
The program consists of a series of presentations that focus on different professions to assist students in major and career exploration. This first session, entitled “U Kinda Wanna Work in Healthcare,” will be facilitated by Lesli Hall, John Hurak, and Seth Riker. Panel participants and areas of healthcare represented are:
- Joanne Davis, Assistant Dean of Students, College of Nursing
- Sharon Gonzalez, Pre- Pharmacy Advisor, UK College of Pharmacy
- Leslie Leroy, Admissions Officer, UK College of Dentistry
- Anissa Radford, Academic Coordinator, Dietetics/Nutrition, College of Agriculture, Food, and Environment
- Kim Scott, Assistant Director of Admissions, UK College of Medicine
- Casey Shadix, Director of Recruiting, College of Health Sciences
- Emily Underwood, Recruiter, College of Social Work
- Marilyn Underwood, Director of Undergraduate Advising, College of Public Health
The forum is designed to help students learn about what to expect in various careers, experience and credentials required, the various pathways they can take to prepare for and enter a particular field, and get a view of “a day in the life” of professionals who have careers in areas in which they are interested. All students are welcome!