This just in from Dr. Bethany Miller, Director of Retention and Student Success:
The weeks prior to mid-term are critical to student success, and the immediate actions taken during this time will set a strong foundation for the entire year. Concentrating our efforts toward increasing the fall to spring retention rate will afford us a larger pool of students to retain between the first spring and second fall, positioning us well for potentially reaching our highest one-year retention rate. We are five weeks into the semester, and there is much activity occurring related to student success, including:
- regular meetings of the Campus Retention Advisory Committee; Student Success Leadership Team; Retention Leadership Team; College Retention Committees; and Tableau Super-Users
- distribution by college of Fall 2014 preliminary GRS (official graduating class) cohorts
- distribution by college of Fall 2014 targeted sub-cohorts (The 700)
- distribution to students of monthly Financial Newsletters
- creation of Retention & Graduation dashboards in HANA Tableau
- faculty participation in the Academic Alert System (and advisor and financial counselor outreach as part of the process)
The collaborations with our campus partners and critical friends are proving to be productive and effective. We appreciate the campus-wide dedication and immediate response to our newest fall cohort.
Academic Majors Fair
Planning for the Academic Majors Fair is well underway: a communication/ promotion plan has been established, and we are currently gathering college table needs. Download the .pdf of the poster/flyer/image being used to promote this event. Feel free to use it in any of your promotions – for updated information, watch the Student Success website at www.uky.edu/studentsuccess/majors-fair . Thanks to Vaughan Fielder, UGE Web Architect, for creating this design.
Bethany L. Miller, Ph.D.
Director, Office for Student Success