This just in from the UKADVNET listserv:
You are invited! The University of Kentucky Advising Network is extending an invitation to you to become a new member or renew your current membership for the 2014-2015 academic year.
The UK Advising Network currently:
- promotes quality academic advising;
- supports the professional growth of academic advisors; and
- facilitates cooperation and exchange of information among persons who perform advising functions.
Membership in the network:
- is open to all individuals employed at the university;
- requires no fees;
- meetings and events, along with access to the network’s listserv (UKADVNET), are open to members and the general university community;
- voting eligibility in the network’s annual election is open only to members; and,
- representation on the network’s selected university committees is open only to members.
All information regarding the network’s history, membership, committees, awards, meetings and events, professional development, and important dates are listed on the UK Advising Network’s webpage: http://www.uky.edu/studentsuccess/advising-network
To apply or renew membership, please complete the 2014-2015 UK Advising Network Membership Application at the following link: https://uky.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_eCDrh9YI8gz8GvH
The application deadline is Tuesday, September 30, 2014.
The future of advising on this campus needs your active participation in all aspects. If you have professional or faculty advisors in your office or college who would be interested in membership, please share this letter with them and be sure they receive access to the membership application.
Best wishes for a successful Fall 2014!
Jennifer R. Doerge
Secretary, UK Advising Network
University of Kentucky
College of Engineering
Department of Computer Science
Lexington, Kentucky 40506