The 3rd Annual Be Bold Workshop will be held on Saturday November 1, 2014 at the University of Kentucky Student Center from 10AM to 4PM. They are expecting 300 girls between the ages of 9 and 18 to attend and they are seeking volunteers to help. You might also want to consider mentoring a UK student to volunteer for this community-based organization and earn EXP396 credit in a service learning project supporting the event.
The girls will be learning how to increase self-esteem and self worth, set small and achievable goals that will change our lives, non-violent conflict resolution skills, dating advice, and more. Some of the Youth Entrepreneurs will speak about how they started businesses; others will learn some Step moves and perform a Step Dance off; and, groups will take a tour of the campus to think about getting ready for college.
Volunteer Positions for You or Your Students to Consider:
- Speakers: We are looking for youth to speak, but would also welcome some great motivation from adults.
- Movement Specialists: Do you teach Yoga, Step, Hip Hop, or other movement oriented arts? We need you.
- Break Out Group Leaders: Two group leaders per group
- Security: help keep our girls safe
- Street Team: Make sure all the girls hear about this event
- Fundraising Team: Help us pay for those t-shirts
- Follow-up Team: Make sure each and every girl has the resources she needs after the event is over
Questions about the Be Bold event? Call 859-684-8729 or email BeBoldLex at <firstname.lastname@example.org>. Questions about EXP 396? Contact Cindy Edwards at the Stuckert Career Center at <email@example.com>.