Help make this year’s UK FUSION (For Unity and Service In Our Neighborhoods) a success! Help serve as a site advisor for students doing their volunteer project for the Lexington community on Monday, August 25, 2014. Led by the Center for Community Outreach, the FUSION team is asking for UK faculty and staff to volunteer to help organize the 1,000+ UK students serving at nearly 100 community and neighborhood organizations.
Each small group of student volunteers is led by one or two student site leaders and a site advisor. Site advisors are faculty or staff who help provide risk management, assist with group dynamics and serve as positive role models for the student volunteers.
Site advisors will work from 8:45 a.m. to around 3 p.m. on August 25th, although times may vary depending on specific sites. To sign up to volunteer as a site advisor follow these steps:
- Visit http://uky.volunteermatch.org/.
- In the top right corner select “Register / Sign in.”
- Select “Create an account now!” in the light blue box in the middle of the page.
- Enter and confirm your email.
- Complete the personal information form and create an account.
- In the “Search For” box, type “FUSION.”
- In the “Opportunities Near” box, type “Lexington, KY.”
- Click the “Faculty/Staff Advisor FUSION 2014” event.
- Click sign-up.
After completing these steps, a screen saying “you have successfully signed up for the project” will appear. You should receive a confirmation email. If you do not, please email email@example.com.