UGE is partnering with UK’s new Big Blue Pantry to host a brown bag luncheon & food drive to help stock the shelves for the grand opening of the pantry beginning in August 2014.
This brown bag luncheon on July 29th, noon to 1 p.m. (location TBD), will serve as a time to inform you on the happenings of the new pantry as well as a chance to gather some much needed items to help our students! UGE is donating free dessert for attendees, so please don’t miss out on a great opportunity to come together and help make a difference!
If you’d like to make a monetary donation, we would be able to use it to purchase needed supplies, and supplement food donations to the pantry. Checks may be made payable to the Center for Community Outreach and will be collected at the luncheon.
Needed items: Nonperishable only!
- Canned tuna & chicken or canned meats
- Peanut Butter/Nut Butter/Nutella
- Canned Soups
- Instant Oatmeal packets/Instant Grits
- Pasta & Pasta Sauce
- Instant Rice & Instant Potatoes
- Canned fruit
- Canned Vegetables
- Fruit Juice/V-8 Juice
- Easy Mac
- Microwavable Popcorn
- Bread & Muffin Mixes (that only need water)
- Nutritional Supplement drinks (i.e. carnation instant breakfast, ensure, boost)
- Beans (dried and canned)
- Instant Pudding/Jello
- Shelf Stable (UHT) Milk/ Evaporated Milk/Soy Milk (Make individual cartons)
- Condiments, Oils, & Seasonings
- Pancake Mix (that only needs water)
- Ready-to-eat items such as:
- Granola bars
- Fruit cups
- Tuna salad packets
- Dried Fruit/Fruit Leather
- Cracker packs
- Single-serving boxes of raisins
Questions, Comments, Concerns? Contact Kelsey Carew @ 859-218-3332 or Kelsey.firstname.lastname@example.org.