K-Week happens every fall semester at UK and all the undergraduate colleges and student support units participate to make it a terrific part of UK’s orientation for new students. To welcome in those students who arrive for the first time at UK in the spring, UK offers K2.
All UK students are invited to attend K2 social events, information sessions, and open houses. The only event that is specifically geared toward new undergraduate students is the K2 Kick-off on Tuesday, January 14, 2014 beginning at 1:00 p.m. in Room 230 Student Center. The campus tour and K Team dinner at the conclusion of the program are also important for first-time students, including transfer students and military veterans. The campus tour focuses on finding classroom buildings and other essential campus destinations. The K Team dinner (free for students) is a chance to connect with a current UK student leader and other new students.
Many units and individuals go the extra mile to make K2 successful. In addition to the Office of the President, the Office of the Provost, Enrollment Management, the Division of Student Affairs and all those individuals who volunteer to help out at the Super Start tents around campus, the following are featured in this year’s K2 schedule of events:
- UK International Center
- Undergraduate Studies (College Meeting)
- Christian Student Fellowship
- Parking and Transportation Services
- UK Student Veterans Association
- College of Health Sciences (Open House)
- UK Athletics Association
- UK Cru
- Gatton College of Business and Economics (Open House)
- University Health Service, PAWS Center and the Student Health Advisory Council
- Office for Institutional Diversity and the LGBT Task Force
- College of Design (exhibit showcasing student work)
- Office of Academic Enhancement
- College of Fine Arts Department of Theatre (Winter Dance Concert: Loud and Clear)
Have questions about K2?
Send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org, or call (859) 257-6597 during business hours Monday through Friday.