IDEA TO PONDER: What if we at UK all adopted as a truism that the social networking via the Internet of the 1990s is gone and now we believe in the technologies of “tuning in” instead? that there we are beginning to shift “beyond the desktop” and that walking or simply “being there” connects us via the Internet (i.e., “slow technology”)? What would our classrooms, our campus look like? What would the city streets of Lexington or the walking/biking trails in central Kentucky look like? Would we, as a public flagship institution, begin to build public civic locations where connection to a community of subject matter experts could take place?
- RT @wtyounglibrary: Reminder - Tomorrow from 2-6pm on the 3rd Floor(3-34), we'll be hosting a study break with games, coloring, snacks and… 6 days ago
- The Online Learning Consortium's special issue #OER: AERA Online Teaching and Learning SIG olj.onlinelearningconsortium.org/index.php/olj 6 days ago
- Administrators #highered should support variety of student activism, not just what is comfy, watch for both "Builde… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- KY #highered College Readiness Indicators will trump KDE’s Academic Readiness based on what univ faculty hold as qu… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 1 week ago
- #highered in KY is shifting to accommodate high school students who are in accelerated learning pathway education.ky.gov/head/Pages/Boa… 1 week ago
Student and Academic Life859.257.3027
Blogs of Interest