SAVE THE DATE!
Dr. Daryl Privott, Executive Director of Morehead State University’s College and Career Readiness Initiative, is organizing the Commonwealth Commitment Summit on behalf of the KY Council on Postsecondary Education in its effort to implement Senate Bill 1 (2009). The goals of the summit are for participants to:
Discover and discuss the successes, lessons learned and strategies used to increase college and career readiness and student success.
Learn how to incorporate these successes here at your institution and in your community.
- Foster collaboration and partnerships with P-12 and postsecondary entities across the state.
They are planning to use a collaborative and interactive TeachMeet/WorldCafe/Unconference format. That means – go, look at what others are already choosing to offer as sessions, offer your own session, attend what you like and be sure to keep everyone involved via social networking and open educational resources for notetaking/problemsolving. Topics may include:
- Use of Personal Learning Communities (PLCs) to align postsecondary general education classes with the Kentucky Core Academic Standards (KCAS, or also CCSS)
- Partnerships between postsecondary and P-12 institutions
- Math readiness and placement testing
- Early assessment and literacy
- Professional development